Monday 16 November 2015

The Rysbrack Statuettes of Rubens, van Dyck and du Quesnoy, Part 15, The Hagley Hall Marble Bust of Sir Peter - Paul Rubens.

The Marble bust of Sir Peter - Paul Rubens
by Michael Rysbrack.

Life size - paired with the bust of Rubens

Hagley Hall, Worcestershire
Home of the 12th Viscount Cobham
 
After the original Terracotta Model now in the

I am very grateful to Viscount Cobham for allowing me the opportunity to visit Hagley and to take these photographs. I would also like to thank to Joyce Purnell of Hagley Hall who showed me around and made my visit so enjoyable.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne, Australia.
 
 Sold at Christie’s, London, Lot 17, 2 June,1961,It is probably the bust of
Rubens sold as lot 44 - “Modelsin Terracotta” Rysbrack sale 26 April 1765.
Signed and dated 1743

No comments:

Post a Comment